Service, contact and arrival
Important travel information
From 06.09.2023 to 29.10.2023, there will be restrictions on the Uetlibergbahn (S10) line between Zurich Main Station and Zurich Binz from 21.10 until close of service each day.
Between Zurich Binz and the Uetliberg terminus there will be no restrictions during the entire period.
Alternative travel routes:
TRAVEL ROUTE VIA BINZ:
- Zurich HB to Wiedikon BHF (tram line 14)
- Wiedikon BHF to Zurich Binz (bus route 76)
- Zurich Binz to Uetliberg (Uetlibergbahn S10)
TRAVEL ROUTE VIA TRIEMLI:
- Zurich HB to Triemli tram station (tram line 14)
- Triemli tram station to Triemli train station (7 min walk)
- Triemli train station to Uetliberg (Uetlibergbahn S10)
The best way to get to the car-free Uetliberg is on foot or by public transport.
The well-maintained hiking trails invite you to take a leisurely walk up the Uetliberg. The following starting points are recommended:
- from Uitikon-Waldegg – about 45 minutes of hiking
- from Albisgüetli – about 45 minutes of hiking
- from Triemli – about 1 hour of hiking
Public transportation is the best way to access the car-free Uetliberg. From Zurich main station, take the Uetliberg-Bahn SZU (S10) on platform 22. The SZU takes only 20 minutes to reach the Uetliberg final station.
A seven-minute walk takes you from the Uetliberg station to the hotel. Upon request, persons with disabilities or the luggage of hotel and seminar guests can be picked up at the Uetliberg station. Please inform us of your arrival time a day in advance.
You land at the airport in Zurich Kloten and then take a train as the best, fastest and simplest transportation here. Up to 22 direct trains travel from here to the Zurich central station each hour. From there, switch to the Sihltal-Zurich-Uetliberg train SZU (S10) on the underground level on track 21/22. On weekdays, the SZU travels to the Uetliberg terminal station every half hour and every 20 minutes on weekends – the ride only takes 20 minutes. You can find the train schedule from the airport to the Uetliberg terminal station online at fahrplan.zvv.ch.
The UTO KULM Hotel is in a car-free local recreation area – the Uetliberg. There are various parking options in Zurich and the surroundings, but ultimately you can only reach our hotel with the SZU or on foot. A seven-minute walk takes you from the Uetliberg station to the hotel. Upon request, persons with disabilities or the luggage of hotel and seminar guests can be picked up at the Uetliberg station. Please inform us of your arrival time a day in advance.
The UTO KULM is in a car-free local recreation area – the Uetliberg. There are various parking options in Zurich and the surroundings, but ultimately you can only reach our hotel with the SZU or on foot.
Directions from the Feldermoos parking lot:
- Pedestrian path seven minutes via nature trail: Cross the pedestrian bridge and take the nature trail through the forest to the Uitikon-Waldegg train station. An SZU train (S10) goes from here to the Uetliberg terminal station every 30 minutes on weekdays and every 20 minutes on weekends.
- Ten-minute walk via the paved road: From the parking lot, keep to the right of the street up to the MIGROS / COOP intersection. Use the pedestrian underpass and cross the street. From here, a paved road takes you through the forest to the Uitikon Waldegg train station.
Zürich Card – Your pass for your city trip
With the Zürich Card, city explorers can enjoy the diversity of Zurich and save a lot of time and money. The Zürich Card is perfect for those who travel to Zürich for one to three days and want to experience all of Zürich's diversity.more info
SZU – Sihltal Zürich Uetliberg Bahn
Die SZU ist die wichtigste Verbindung zwischen Zürich und dem Uetliberg. Rund 160 Mitarbeitende sorgen dafür, dass Sie sich tagtäglich auf die Sihltal Zürich Uetliberg Bahn SZU verlassen können und innerhalb von 20 Minuten vom Hauptbahnhof bis zur Bergstation Uetliberg (und wieder zurück) kommen. Unter dem Firmendach der SZU sind die S-Bahnlinien S4 und S10, die Zimmerbergbusse sowie die Luftseilbahn Adliswil-Felsenegg vereint.Webseite